Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pattaya International Fireworks Festival 2013

After I posted my previous blog on Loy Krathong and Yi Peng Festival, it suddenly occurred to me… Hey! Shouldn’t I be writing blogs recommending various festivals in advance so that people who are trying to find travel ideas or people who are around that area could make use of it?

That’s why today I am recommending to you the Pattaya International Firework Festival 2013 for a simple reason.. I want to attend it myself ^^” since this festival has been organized many times though I never got the chance to attend it. Well, as this year I am going to be there for sure, I thought I would share my passion for lights and sounds with you in case any of you, like me, would like to laze around on a beach folding chair watching fireworks by the seaside.

The Pattaya International Firework Festival this year will take place during November 29-30 along the Beach Road, Pattaya Central, Chonburi Province. (For those who have never visited Pattaya I would suggest that you first get information on trips to and accommodations in Pattaya as it is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Thailand. You will have no trouble finding details.) This festival is a free of charge open air firework festival which can be watched from the comfort of your hotel room, or while you are eating meals and sipping some cool drinks, or you may choose to sit at the beach and watch the firework alongside other tourists, anyhow you prefer it. The theme for this year’s firework festival is “Rhythm” -- Light up your life with rhythmic music. (I am translating this from the Thai theme in my own concept though the actual name of the festival will of course be different.)

Briefly, details of the festival according to the organizer is that it will be held for 2 days, each day comprising a carnival parade, concerts featuring Thai singers, with the highlight being the firework display accompanied by lights and sound of rhythmic music under different styles of 4 countries: Japan, The Philippines, Taiwan and Switzerland, and lasting 45 minutes. (The actual firework display will take place on the second day of the festival although there will be some firework on the first day also.) I’m quite excited when I see that the Japanese firework will be a combination of technology, delicate beauty and quaint design; while the Philippines firework gives emphasis to liveliness; the Taiwanese firework will play up natural colors of flower blossoms; and Switzerland’s firework will feature fireworks in vivid and vibrant colors. An added attraction is a firework in the shape of a blue music note which will be reflected in the water and will cast a bright blue glow on the entire Pattaya beach. (Hey, I truly feel excited to see all this^^).

A tentative program outlined by the organizer is as follows:
29 November 2013
   • 17.00 - 20.00 h. Entertainment activities along the beach road
   • 18.30 – 20.00 h. Carnival parade
   • 20.00 - 20.15 h. Official opening by the Pattaya City Representative
   • 20.15 - 21.00 h. Room 39 Concert
   • 21.00 - 21.20 h. 1st round of International Firework Display
   • 21.40 - 22.00 h. 2nd round of International Firework Display
   • 22.00 - 22.50 h. Lipta Concert
   • 22.50 - 23.00 h. Closing speech by Master of Ceremony
30 November 2013
   • 17.00 - 20.00 h. Entertainment activities along the beach road
   • 18.30 - 20.00 h. Carnival parade
   • 20.00 - 20.15 h. Official opening by Thai Life Insurance
   • 20.15 - 21.00 h. Firework Opening Ceremony Display and King-Geng mini-concert
   • 21.15 - 22.00 h. International Firework Displays of 45 minutes’ duration
   • 22.15 - 23.00 h. New-Jiew Concert
   • 23.00 - 23.10 h. Closing Speech by Master of Ceremony
   • 23.10 - 01.00 h. DJs play music
Note: Should there be any change in the program by the organizer, I will immediately update you on it.

I hope this information is of some use to you. I will end this blog with atmospheres of the festivals during past years which I could find in Youtube (with thanks to the video owners). If there is no mishap, you have my promise that I will certainly upload beautiful pictures which I shall take during the festival for you to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment