Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My One Day Trip to Koh Larn (2)


After 45 minutes on board the ferry under a beautiful blue sky and clear indigo-blue sea, the ferry docked at Tawaen Beach, Koh Larn. I went up on shore together with the other tourists and on turning around to look at the beach after having taken photos of the pier where the ferry docked, I was quite surprised at the change I noticed with the condition of the Tawaen Beach. The sea was still as clear as ever before, but it was the tremendous number of people on the beach as well as the numerous speed boats waiting to take tourists back to Pattaya which astounded me. (Actually, I had already prepared myself for the sight of a large crowd of people on the beach but on seeing them right in front of my eyes I was really thunderstruck.) Anyway, I then started out from the pier to the beach and saw that there were wooden planks branching off to the right.


…It wouldn’t have been keeping to character if I did not investigate ^^. This side of the beach was a short stretch with not as many people as on the left side. Speed boats were attached to the mooring buoys farther away from the beach and there were no jet skis flitting around the water like on the other side of the beach. However, the cost of renting beach chairs on this side of the beach is double that on the other side. In fact, I rather liked the quiet atmosphere on this side of the beach, but with nothing inside my stomach I had to change my mind and walked back towards the crowd of people (as well as the food stalls) on the other side instead. ^^”

Back on the left side of the beach, I passed the crowd of people and looked for something to satisfy my hunger, at the same time hoping there would be some quiet beach chair for me to doze off a bit before I had to return to Pattaya on the ferry. But no, my hope was unfulfilled because after walking right up to the very end of the beach there were still lots of people all around so I had no choice but to turn back; however, being at the sea it wouldn’t be right not to get a bit wet so I started wading back through water and was quite happy to see that the sea water here at Koh Larn was really clear and the sand on the beach was very finely grained.

After walking half way back to the original landing zone of the beach, I began to notice that the speed boats which were moored far away were now right at the beach and most tourists were beginning to get on the boats. Not long after that the crowded beach miraculously cleared, and although it was not entirely peaceful, it was sufficiently quiet for me to be able to find an unoccupied beach chair in the area I desired \(^o^)/. The rental fee for a beach chair at Tawaen Beach when I was there was 30 Baht for the normal beach chair and 100 baht for the beach lounger which looks the same as the loungers around hotel swimming pools. As for the beach chairs on the other side of the beach which I walked over initially but did not hire was 100 Baht.


And after this... there is nothing more to relate to you except to show you pictures of the beautiful views of Koh Larn which I took ^^

Oh, I nearly forgot. Here is the Timetable of the ferry crossing from Koh Larn to Pattaya. In case you miss the last ferry at Tawaen Beach you can always find land transportation to Naban Pier, but if you miss the last ferry at Naban Pier… the best alternative seems to be an overnight stay on Koh Larn. ^^ *In case you miss the last ferry and really have to return to Pattaya on that day, I am sure some people on the island can help contact some speed boat to pick you up. ;)
Naban Pier – Pattaya Tawaen Beach Pier – Pattaya
06:30 A.M. 1:00 P.M.
07:30 A.M. 2:00 P.M.
09:30 A.M. 3:00 P.M.
12:00 A.M. 4:00 P.M.
02:00 P.M. 5:00 P.M.
03:30 P.M.  
04:00 P.M.  
05:00 P.M.  
06:00 P.M.  

I’ll now end my story about my trip to take photos of the Fireworks Festival in Pattaya and my short trip to Koh Larn. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and can use it for your travels. See you again, then, in my next adventure. ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment